Allegion is committed to conducting its business in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, in compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety (EHS) laws and regulations, and in a manner that promotes and protects the health and safety of our environment, associates, customers, contractors and members of our local communities worldwide.
Allegion operates with principles that support our proactive EHS commitment, including:
- Integration of EHS requirements and sustainability strategies in all elements of our business operations, including objectives and measurements;
- Periodic, formal evaluation of our compliance status and annual review of objectives and targets;
- The belief that everyone at Allegion is responsible for safety;
- Our managers and supervisors are expected to lead by example to ensure a safe, healthy and environmentally friendly workplace.
- Our associates are trained and expected to understand the EHS issues associated with their jobs and are empowered to report unsafe conditions.
- Our associates understand they have a duty to protect themselves, their co-workers and the environment. This is accomplished through EHS consultation and participation during program development and/or program implementation.
- Continual improvement in EHS management systems and performance, including the reduction in the usage of natural resources, waste minimization, prevention of pollution and prevention of workplace accidents, injuries and risks;
- Designing, operating and maintaining our facilities in a manner that minimizes negative EHS impacts;
- Responsible use of materials, including, where feasible, the recycling and reuse of materials; and
- Sensitivity to community concerns about EHS issues.
Allegion recognizes that these principles are critical to our future success. As a global leader, we are committed to protecting the health, safety and environment in the communities where we operate.
David (Dave) Petratis
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
English | हिन्दी | 한국어 | 中文 | Nederlands | Français | Italiano | Polski | Español | Deutsch | Türkçe